Monday 16 April 2012

Miu Miu Fall/Winter 2012

Miu Miu's latest collection for fall/winter has really caught my attention, Miu Miu has been on my radar for a few seasons now as one of my favourite brands, known from the Prada fashion house, meaning that both labels are under the direction of the same creative director. There are several fashion houses that have started other brands under their names including Versace and Versus as well as Dolce & Gabanna and D&G, Roberto Cavalli and Just Cavalli. I would have to say Miu Miu is in my top 5 of favourite high fashion labels, I feel that Miuccia Prada is able to target the right demographic and let go and have fun with Miu Miu, every season you watch the models walk down the Miu Miu runway in something spectacular and knowing it will be very influential in the trends that season. I still gush over the amazing, 40's inspired, embroidered pieces from the Fall/Winter 2011 collection as well as those glitter booties.


This season an army of prints walked down the runway in tailored menswear inspired looks. I loved the interpretation of menswear for a woman and also, the combination of prints and colours, absolutely genius. I adore Miuccia Prada's work, i think she is one of the best when it comes to putting on a show and showcasing what she does best. Miu Miu always is a clear winner for me every season and I always look forward to the next. The innovation and creativity of her designs are truly astounding. I also love it when the look that Miranda Kerr wore on the catwalk, was delivered on set to a photo shoot for marie claire and I got to unpack it all and take care of it. It was the best.

Looks from the Fall/Winter 2012 Miu Miu Collection
Photos by The Sartorialist  







I will also not be publishing any posts for the next 3 days as I will be away on shoot with marie claire, very excited. I will be sure to write about the shoot when i get back.

Love.

Pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment